1619 hrs. I don’t know if I had ever heard of Bexhill before I saw it on the tour itinerary. It’s a small seaside town, very nice. They fed us lunch, which was great and it’s a Saturday night, so things are looking good.
I am nine shows into the tour. I know I am on the road when I hit ten shows. I will get there tonight.
The shows have been going great. It took awhile to shake off the jet lag but it wasn’t all that bad. It makes the hours pre-show difficult as it fogs up my thinking but the two days I spent in Manchester before the shows started helped me to adjust.
The audiences have been great and it’s good to be back on the road, a show a night. When I am off the road, I miss being out here. When I am out here, I know I am in the right place.
As the weeks go on, more shows are being booked for the European festival season. I talked with my European agent, who was at the London show last night and told him I would take any shows he could get. Hopefully, I will be in Europe a good part of August.
I have been getting a lot of mail from people in Canada, wondering if there will be any Canadian shows. The short answer is yes, of course. It’s looking like it will be the entire month of June. I will make inroads to that agent this coming week and ask how all that is shaping up. As soon as those dates confirm, we will put them on the set.
I have been hitting the gym and the stage, that’s about it. I have not been looking at the news all that much as I am trying to get the shows happening every night. While I don’t take myself seriously, I take the shows with a great deal of seriousness. Sometimes the tour keeps me out of the loop until I stabilize.
If any of you reading this have come to any of the shows so far, thank you so much for getting to the venue in this tough weather. I know it’s not easy and I know that many of you are taking trains in and out of town, so thank you for making the effort.
I will get back on the weekly dispatch schedule, sorry to have fallen off.
Ok, it’s a Saturday night here in Bexhill. I don’t know if I have ever been to this town. I looked through all my records and can’t find any listing for this place. Great views of the ocean from the dressing room. It’s dark now. I am onstage in fifty-six minutes. I should get going.
Thanks for reading this.
2017June May March
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011