02-20-11 NYC NY: 1316 hrs. I am sorry for missing last week’s post here. Things were very busy on that day and literally every single minute of last Sunday was spoken for. That was a long day. This week has not been much different with office stuff by day and shows at night.
It’s Sunday and I have a show tonight. I must say, it’s throwing me off quite a bit to be here and have a show. It’s like living in two different worlds. The one I am in now is not live, one take. It is the other one, the one that has a show at 2015 hrs. that commands most of my attention, even several hours out.
The shows at the Largo over the last few days have been great. The audiences have been fantastic and the venue is perfect.
Last night was a challenge. I had to do the radio show as well as the show at Largo. I asked Chuck P to come in and sub so I could be on the road by 1900 hrs. and get to the show. He destroyed his Saturday night for me and I am grateful. I got out of the studio and hit the road. Something about rain and Los Angeles. No one wants to go anywhere and so they just sit in traffic and watch the rain. It took me almost an hour to get to the venue. Enough time to change up and walk out onstage. Good show, though. I am happy that I get to be there again tonight.
The protest in Madison is really great, in my opinion. It seems to me that all these people want to do is have an opportunity to negotiate and representatives had stated repeatedly that is all that ask for from Scott Walker. It’s great to see the First Amendment in action and the anemic efforts of the tea party types who are also using that same amendment but looking pathetic. It’s a complex issue and both sides of the argument have to sit down and deal like rational adults. I think that can be achieved. I hope for the best.
I have always relied on what I see on the streets as my barometer and guide. What I see cuts through politics and opinion. In 1984, I came to the conclusion that you have to have some options and America was an environment that one survives in and prospers in, often at the expense of someone else. You have to take care of yourself but be careful not to step on anyone else. It’s when I made the distinction between ambition and resolve. I would rather have more resolve than ambition as I think it’s harder to come by and takes a lot more core value to maintain.
Until next week. Thanks for reading. Henry
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011