03-13-11 LA CA: 2000 hrs. Got at this a bit late today. Engineer X and I spent a good part of the afternoon working on a couple radio shows to have ready for the upcoming tour. We got them all done and now we’re set. They’re really good and I am glad to have them all in the can.
Last night’s radio show was good, it went too fast of course.
I have been watching the ever worsening events in Japan unfold. Seeing what the downside of nuclear power can be in a situation like this, I wonder what this means for the future of nuclear energy in the world. I wonder what the effects of the irradiated water from the Fukushima Daiichi plant will be on the soil and groundwater. It seems that no matter what awful thing happens in the world, it will be quickly broken down to the dollars and cents of it as the life and death element is sidelined. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out this week in the press.
I am not in any way trying to make light of the situation in Japan but I will keep as close a watch on how the events there are politicized here as I will on how things develop there. I am fascinated in how events are used as power points by the two basic political parties in America. It seems that nothing can’t be politicized. When you would think everyone would be just concerned with human life and what can be done, there are other concerns as well. How that plays out is of limitless interest to me.
Damn, Australia was a great time, as brief a visit as it was. If you were at one of the shows, thanks so much for showing up.
The North American shows start this Thursday. I can’t wait to get that going. I will be flying to meet the bus and we will drive up from the south to Harrisburg to start this thing off.
There’s a lot happening in America and the world at the moment. I hope you have the time to absorb it all. The Peter King hearings that started last week are another American low. I was hoping for a whole lotta job creation going on but it seems it’s Muslims, gays and women’s rights that need to get hammered on instead.
I still have some packing to do, so this will be short. I will see you soon. Looking forward to it. Thanks for reading this. Henry
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011