1545 hrs. Sitting on the porch. I am listening to a band called Dick Diver from Australia. I am on a serious Australian music bender at present. Eddy Current Suppression Ring, UV Race and Total Control albums have been on all weekend. There could be worse things to have happen to your ears.
I got back to USA last Tuesday. Up until about this morning has been for the most part, a jet lagged blur. Tomorrow night, all over the USA the Nat. Geo. Wild Channel will show the Animal Underworld special that we shot last year. I have been doing a lot of press for the shows, phone and in person. All this done on a profound lack of sleep. I had a couple of studio voice over sessions as well. One of them was for the expanded version of Max Brooks World War Z book, which I had worked on years before. More copy to do, so I went in and did that. Hung out with Max for awhile, very cool guy. His father made a few films you might remember.
By Friday evening, all these obligations were met and I was allowed to keel over slightly. I got in some great listening sessions this week, out of it as I was. Are You Experienced in mono was the stand out but all the Acid Mothers Temple and Uton records were great as well. New High On Fire album, excellent, the aforementioned Australian bands, all great listens. When I am off the road, that’s the highpoint of the time spent here, listening to records without having a show looming over my head. I listen to music in a completely different way when I don’t have to think about getting onstage. I would rather be on tour than not but backstage listening is a bit distracted as I am really concentrating on what I have to go out and do.
Tomorrow, I will be tweeting live during the Nat Geo special. This is Nat Geo’s idea. I don’t know how it will go. I will have to teach myself a few twitter tasks as I have never read any incoming tweets but they want me to answer questions that potentially come in. I will do my best.
For more info, pics, vids, etc.: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/wild/animal-underworld/facts—fatal-obsession/
Those shows were a lot of damn work to do, I hope you check them out. I think we did a good job with them.
In a few days, the tour resumes in Canada for most of the month of June. It should be a great time. As much as I like sitting here, listening to some music, I would rather be on the bus, on the way to the show. Soon, that will be me.
Thanks for reading this.
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011