1455 hrs. At the office. What a week it was. Very busy but good.
Last Wednesday we did the Drop In The Bucket (dropinthebucket.org) Just Add Water benefit. Thank you so much for showing up in such great numbers. I honestly didn’t know how it was going to shake out but a ton of people showed up and all the bands and acts rocked it, so it was a success.
The next night was the Stooges show at the Palladium. There’s nothing like a Stooges / Iggy show for me. They are playing tonight in San Francisco and I won’t be there and it’s killing me. I hate the idea of missing any of their shows that I can get to. They were great the other night. James Williamson’s guitar tone was so awesome. The opening act that night was Le Butcherettes. They were great. I recommend their album Sin Sin Sin.
This week, I got a double dose of Mike Watt. He played with Dos (with Kira Roessler of Black Flag) at the benefit and then again with the Stooges. That guy is amazing. I don’t know how he keeps it all together.
It’s been interesting watching Herman Cain’s campaign fall apart in real time. The statement he made yesterday, which I have only had the chance to watch parts of and read the transcript only once, reminds me of that scene in Animal House when the Delta guys are in the student court and make a feeble attempt at outrage in an effort to distance themselves from blame. Animal House is a comedy, Cain’s brief chat became one. When he ended the speech with the Pokeman quote, I cringed. The America is an interesting place. I guess we get a whole lotta Newt Gingrich now. Listening to him speak is like getting scolded for something you didn’t do.
One more week here and then I am off to do the shows with Dinosaur Jr. I am really looking forward to that. To know I will get to see Dinosaur Jr. night after night puts me in a very good mood. Perhaps I will see some of you there.
Next Saturday, we will be live on the radio again. I am making the show now and it’s sounding mighty good. I have said yes to some writing projects and by doing so, am now obligated to deliver, so I better get back to it.
Thanks for reading this.
2017July June May March
2015July June May April
- 04-28-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Rollins Band Part 2
- 04-13-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: Haagen-Dazs
- 04-03-15 Henry & Heidi Podcast: The Chase
2012December November October September August July June
- 06-27-12 DISPATCH 06-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 06-13-12 DISPATCH 06-13-12 OTTAWA CANADA
- 06-04-12 DISPATCH 06-03-12 WHITEHORSE YUKON TERRITORY CANADA
- 05-27-12 DISPATCH 05-27-12 LOS ANGELES
- 05-23-12 DISPATCH 05-22-12 EN ROUTE TO LOS ANGELES
- 05-13-12 DISPATCH 05-03-12 JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA
- 05-08-12 DISPATCH 05-08-12 WOLLONGONG AUSTRALIA
- 04-29-12 DISPATCH 04-29-12 SYDNEY TO DARWIN AUSTRALIA
- 04-23-12 DISPATCH 04-23-12 ADELAIDE / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 04-08-12 DISPATCH 04-08-12 LOS ANGELES
- 01-29-12 DISPATCH 01-29-12 Saarbrucken Germany
- 01-21-12 DISPATCH 01-21-12 BEXHILL UK
- 01-02-12 DISPATCH 01-01-12 LOS ANGELES
2011December November October
- 10-24-11 DISPATCH 10-23-11 OAKLAND CA
- 10-17-11 DISPATCH 10-16-11 BOSTON MA
- 10-10-11 DISPATCH 10-09-11 PHILADELPHIA PA
- 09-21-11 DISPATCH 09-21-11 VIRGINIA
- 09-11-11 DISPATCH 09-11-11 LOS ANGELES
- 09-07-11 DISPATCH 09-06-11 PORT AU PRINCE HAITI
- 09-01-11 DISPATCH 09-01-11 LOS ANGELES
- 08-22-11 DISPATCH 08-22-11 BELFAST NORTHERN IRELAND
- 08-15-11 DISPATCH 08-15-11 LOS ANGELES CA
- 08-07-11 DISPATCH 08-07-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-24-11 DISPATCH 07-24-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-17-11 DISPATCH 07-17-11 LOS ANGELES
- 07-11-11 DISPATCH 07-11-11 ASHEVILLE NC
- 07-03-11 DISPATCH 07-03-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-14-11 DISPATCH 03-13-11 LOS ANGELES
- 03-06-11 DISPATCH 03-06-11 MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
- 03-01-11 DISPATCH 02-28-11 LA CA
- 02-20-11 DISPATCH 02-20-11 LOS ANGELES
- 02-10-11 DISPATCH 02-11-11 NEW YORK CITY
- 02-02-11 DISPATCHES JANUARY 2011